Monday, May 28, 2007

visual aids

After crashing two computers trying to connect my camera, the nice gentleman at the net café in Cusco last week finally connected my memory card, and then I waited and waited while my photos unsuccessfully attempted to upload. No luck in Arequipa, either. But now I am back in Cusco and my adopted family's computer seems to be agreeing with my camera and I got some help from Picasa, so, por fin, photos! I can't quite seem to manage the layout, but all the pictures should be showing now.

These girls begged me to take their picture. When I asked them if they were going to charge me, all three chanted "es voluntario". Still, they looked pretty disappointed when I gave them each a 20-céntimo coin.






View of the Plaza de Armas, Cusco's central square, one morning from the balcony where I ate breakfast: fresh orange juice, a sandwich with avocado, tomato, and cheese, and hot chocolate. Note the very gringo tourists in the foreground.









My home for my first few days in Cusco. Comfy, but very chilly at night.








Make no mistake about it: that is the flag of Cusco, not of the Castro.

1 comment:

Vanessa Swenson said...

ahhh, now i can see the pictures. cuzco and the castro do seem to have an innate connection, eh?