Friday, June 8, 2007

Corpus Christi: The procession

The procession started a couple of hours late, and it went very slowly, but I stuck around for a bit of it.

The first to take a stroll around the plaza was San Antonio. I just managed to snap this photo before I had to escape and go sit down in the shade to keep from passing out.


I am not sure what I missed while I was trying not to faint from being on my feet in the sun surround by a million bajillion people all day, but there was San Cristóbal when I got back. Look at his very Andean, non-European garb.










I'm pretty sure those sousaphones date from Inca times.

















The pretty flag of Poroy, a nearby town.

1 comment:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Viva Corpus Cristi. Those were some really cool pictures. I'm glad that you didn't pass out so that we could see them. Way to take one for the team.