Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Tipón, Part II: Water, water everywhere

Lonely Planet claims that the road from Tipón pueblo to the Tipón ruins is 4 km long, but it sure felt a heck of a lot longer than that to me as we continued to climb the mountain with no signs of the archaeological site. Well, I must correct myself: there was a huge sign that said "Tipón, parque nacional arqueológico", or something to that effect, that gave me a lot of hope until I realized that the sign is in fact nowhere near the ruins themselves. When we finally got there, it was totally worth it. See for yourself. I am sorry that I cannot include sound with the images; if you like you can go flush the toilet before you look at the pictures, or turn on a nearby faucet, or better yet, conserve water by providing the sound effects yourself. If there are other people around and you feel self-conscious about making water fountain noises, you can just imagine.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is like you are on the history channel! So happy you are able to see all these interesting things.
Love,
Mom