Thursday, July 12, 2007

A collage of Paucartambo

During my last week in Peru I decided to try something a little off the beaten path, so to speak. I had gotten fairly comfortable with Cusco and I wanted to break up the routine a bit, so I took a trip to Paucartambo. The story is long, and I am having trouble getting blogger and my pictures to cooperate with one another in just the way that I want them to, and nobody is visiting this blog anymore anyhow (I kind of want to write that "no more no how"), so just trust me when I say that it was quite the adventure. If you really want the details, ask me another day. For now, here are some of my favorite pictures that I took in and around Paucartambo. While it is not the most beautiful town I have ever seen, I nevertheless found it very picturesque (I guess that's why "some of my favorite pictures" turned into twenty). So here they are, in no particular order. While I did figure out how to upload more than five pictures to one post (and it was real tough, lemme tell ya), I still have not figured out how to get the vertical ones to come out vertical, and I am not including commentary. Sorry. You can make some up of your own if you like. Otherwise, enjoy!






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
You did a great job sharing your experiences with us. I think you really captured the interesting culture of Peru. I love your pictures and your words.
Love,
Mom

Vanessa Swenson said...

Those were awesome pictures. Exterminador Bin Laden, eh? Uh, wow. I bet he'd wig.
I really liked the one of the bridge. I like pictures with bridges in them. And the one of the women dressed so colorfully makes me feel so monotone.
The only way to get pictures to post vertically is to have the original photo correct, as in change it thru iPhoto or something.
If you're not going to be posting anything else on this blog, as you claim no one is reading it, though I check daily, then I demand a new blog!! Yes, I will protest! I know where you live! I know where you go to church. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to have someone with a poster requesting a blog during Relief Society?
Anyway, those are my demands. Well, it was just one demand: a new blog.